Football: England Midfield
Moved from my other blog
Published on: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2008
All the Managers want their best players on the pitch. Fabio Capello is far from a good manager. I don't need to say he is one of the greatest football manager living. Gerrard and Lampard are the top two central midfielders in England. They are the match winners. Everyone wants to some how fit in the match winners in the same team. This means that Barry, who played is role of defensive midfielder so well, needs to sit on the bench if England wants 4-4-2 formation. English players would like to play the organized football and 4-4-2 suites them better then any other formation. In the first half of the match against Kazakhstan, Fabio tried 4-3-3 with Rooney as the Left Wide Forward.
I feel that 4-3-3 (or 4-5-1) for a England team will not work. Lampard is used to the 4-3-3 way of playing at Chelsea but he always had some body more creative like Ballack and now Deco alongside of him. I believe that a midfielder like Deco / Scholes is required in that role. Also I cannot think of a player like Rooney playing in the left hand side. He proved to be dangerous behind a striker.
Barry gives a different dimension to a team. He allows the other center midfielder to move freely. Also, he allows the players like Ashley Cole to move forward more freely. Against weaker opponents Barry is not required. Gerrard and Lampard can create havoc. But against stronger opponents and particular when you are playing away, Barry is a required component. Once Fit , Hargreaves will create enough competition for Barry. Fully Fit Hargreaves is a work horse.
I would like to see another world class midfielder but never performed well for England. Micheal Carrick. Carrick is a player who gives entirely different dimension to a team. He is different from Barry in his positional sense. I rate Carrick's passing ability more than that of Barry's.
Coming back to the England team midfield and the formation, I think 4-4-2 is the formation where England can play at their best because they are quite used to that way of playing. They have two or three decent wing players, though not match winners yet. England has a good defense. They have all the basic qualities of a good team but not a great team.
Published on: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2008
All the Managers want their best players on the pitch. Fabio Capello is far from a good manager. I don't need to say he is one of the greatest football manager living. Gerrard and Lampard are the top two central midfielders in England. They are the match winners. Everyone wants to some how fit in the match winners in the same team. This means that Barry, who played is role of defensive midfielder so well, needs to sit on the bench if England wants 4-4-2 formation. English players would like to play the organized football and 4-4-2 suites them better then any other formation. In the first half of the match against Kazakhstan, Fabio tried 4-3-3 with Rooney as the Left Wide Forward.
I feel that 4-3-3 (or 4-5-1) for a England team will not work. Lampard is used to the 4-3-3 way of playing at Chelsea but he always had some body more creative like Ballack and now Deco alongside of him. I believe that a midfielder like Deco / Scholes is required in that role. Also I cannot think of a player like Rooney playing in the left hand side. He proved to be dangerous behind a striker.
Barry gives a different dimension to a team. He allows the other center midfielder to move freely. Also, he allows the players like Ashley Cole to move forward more freely. Against weaker opponents Barry is not required. Gerrard and Lampard can create havoc. But against stronger opponents and particular when you are playing away, Barry is a required component. Once Fit , Hargreaves will create enough competition for Barry. Fully Fit Hargreaves is a work horse.
I would like to see another world class midfielder but never performed well for England. Micheal Carrick. Carrick is a player who gives entirely different dimension to a team. He is different from Barry in his positional sense. I rate Carrick's passing ability more than that of Barry's.
Coming back to the England team midfield and the formation, I think 4-4-2 is the formation where England can play at their best because they are quite used to that way of playing. They have two or three decent wing players, though not match winners yet. England has a good defense. They have all the basic qualities of a good team but not a great team.
Labels: England

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home