Saturday, June 17, 2006

Argentina and their chances to win this world cup 2006.

I never knew before that Argentina can play this well. They lost to England some time back. I thought they won’t post a good challenge in this world cup. I have 180 degree shift in my opinion after seeing them playing the first two matches, that too against tough opponents (Ivory Coast and Serbia & Montenegro) , really amazing. They have performed very well in all departments of the game.

Let’s start with their defense. Ayala, Heinze and their captain Sorin. They have that experience in defense in the form of Ayala and Sorin. They don’t need any introduction. Heinze’s performance is comparable with Ayala. He did a very good job considering the fact that he didn’t play football for more than 6 months due to an injury.

Midfield: Their midfield is packed with great players. Particularly, Juan Pablo Riquelme is heart of their midfield. He is the connector between strikers and defense. Every body from defense is passing it to him. He doesn’t got that pace, but his passing abilities and control is amazing. His pass to Saviola (Second Goal) in the first match, was great.

Another man, who scored two goals in the second match against S&M, is Maxi Rodriquez. Never seen him play before, But he scored goals. They got cambiasso, former Real Madrid and now Inter Milan man, to hold the midfield. He did well in both the matches; also scored a goal against S&M. (That goal is a classic, 24 passes before hitting the net). Don’t forget they got the likes of Pablo Aimar in the bench.

Here comes the interesting part of Argentina. Forward line up. I got surprised to see Saviola starting in the first match. I thought he won’t make into World cup squad. He proved me wrong, by playing superbly in the first two matches.

Hernan Crespo, I always believe he is a great player for Argentina, quite underrated. They need him for the entire show here, because he is the only striker there. He is the one who can score within a six yard box.

The line up is not yet complete. They have Tevez in their forward line up. I saw him play for the first time against S&M. He got pace and tricks. Surely, some big European club will pick him, next season.

Hold on…Hold on… I missed Maradona in the line up… Just kidding…Lionel Messi.. Maradona told him as his successor. This speaks about his skills. He is going to shatter most of the defenses here in world cup…

They have all the qualities to win the World Cup….they showed to the world…Let’s wait on watch, will they maintain their high quality…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home